"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11~

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Coast Guard Day

Here is short history lesson for those who might not know. On August 4, 1790, the Revenue Cutter Service was born to enforce federal tariffs and trade laws. Congress, in 1915, merged the Revenue Cutter Service with the Life-Saving Service, and they became known as the Coast Guard. This provided the nation with one single maritime service dedicated to saving lives at sea and enforcing maritime law. In honor of it's birthday every year, the Coast Guard members and their families celebrate all across the country. The base here had lots of fun events, but we opted for the bouncy house and obstacle course. As you can see, Luke had a blast and wasn't still for one moment.



Sarah was worn out. She took a 3 1/2 hour nap when we got home.



Happy Birthday Coast Guard!!!!!

3 comments:

Kristyn and Taylor said...

Very cool, she is so cute and getting so big! I miss you guys!

Caroline said...

I wish that Aunt Caroline could have gone on the boucy house with you Luke it looks like fun and then I could have taken a nap with Sarah (haha)
I love you guys and miss you.

Keeth and Lauri said...

I am glad you all had great fun. I am still looking for a plain white long sleeve shirt.